Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I have be  gone for awhile - terribly sorry!  I wanted to share something that was recently told to me by an individual when he found out that I am associated with the Air Force Pararescue community:

"What I remember? I remember darkness, debris falling down upon my face, pressure in my chest so that I couldn't breathe, pain everywhere but yet, if this makes sense, numb. I felt as if I couldn't move any part of my body, my mind said to open my eyes but my eyes wouldn't listen and remained closed. My mind said to move my arms, yet my arms said no. My mind said to move my legs and they too refused. Excruciating pain, I remember the pain.... When I forced my mouth open to scream, I don't know if I did or not, but I remember the feel of fresh air going into my chest. Sounds? Yeah, sounds, footsteps, yelling, gunshots, yeah lots of sounds. I felt something touch my hand, and heard voices - God has come for me I thought, especially when i was lifted and carried away, the pain left sometime after that. I remember waking up in a hospital bed... found out that it wasn't God who removed me from my hell, but it was something very close. It was the Air Force guys, the PJs, I understand then why they are called the Guardian Angels..."

For those of you who don't know, the Air Force Pararescuers are called "The Guardian Angels", for reasons that I shouldn't have to explain.  Simply put, they, Pararescuemen (PJs) save lives of both military and civilian alike in combat zones as well as non combative areas.  

The Air Force Pararescueman is the only Department of Defense Special Operations elite that is specifically trained in both conventional and nonconventional rescue situations, making them the ideal group of individuals to perform combat search and rescue missions and personnel recovery.

For more information visit:

http://www.pararescue.com/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed to ensure that our military personnel are protected and are not criticized in any form. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and if posted, will not be edited in any way. Thank you for your time and comments.