Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day - I am here

You may not see me.... But I am here
You may not feel me.... But I am here
You may not know my name...  But I am here

I am your forefather
I am your brother
I am your sister
Your father your mother, aunt and uncle, niece and nephew
I am...

Guardian of the night while your head rests upon a pillow
Keeper of the peace while you roast marshmallows.
A spirit that lingers across the land,
The reason a child holds a small flag in his tiny hand.

My folded flag is encased in glass with my many medals
My photo sits proudly besides it.
My uniforms hang silently in a closet
My dog tags dangle from the corner of a mirror.

But I am here.
My spirit lives on among you
Fighting side by side with my brothers and sisters in uniform
Preserving your freedom, watching over you.

I am here...
I am a Soldier, a Seaman, an Airman
I am here

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed to ensure that our military personnel are protected and are not criticized in any form. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and if posted, will not be edited in any way. Thank you for your time and comments.